At Satori Revolution we believe in the Zero Waste Philosophy: refuse, reduce, reuse, repurpose, and recycle. Our goal is to have zero trash sent to landfills, incinerators, and/or the oceans. Our environment, human health and the future of our children depends on this.
We all know that fast fashion is one the most polluting industries globally. With fast fashion’s devastating contribution to water pollution, incinerators, and landfills, along with the quality of clothing it gives to the consumers that turns millions of tons of clothes to waste, it is unquestionably a huge threat to our Mother Earth. And worse, fast fashion created and continues to create a cradle-to-grave consumer culture where the products themselves quickly become wastes.
Satori Revolution aims to contribute to a cradle-to cradle system. Our eco-mission is to counter fast fashion and throwaway culture by making quality, season-less, upcycled and recyclable products.
FABRICS WE USE
- Regenerated textile waste
- Reclaimed fabrics
- Organic materials
- Nylon regenerated from ocean plastic waste, such as rPET plastic bottles
100% WATER-FREE TEXTILE DYEING
Our rPET fabrics go through a 100% water-free textile dyeing process. This process produces zero discharge of wastewater.
Our partner has pioneered the use of supercritical carbon dioxide for a water-free dyeing process. This process evenly dyes the textile directly for more dynamic and accurate color pantones. This process does not only completely eliminate the use of any water, but it also significantly reduces the amount of time and energy used to dye fabrics.
Here are the benefits to our process:
- Zero water used to dye fabrics
- Zero discharge of wastewater
- Reduce dye time by approximately 40%
- We do not use any single-use plastic or disposable plastic materials.
- All eating and drinking utensils are available in the company property are made of glass and metal.
- All electrical equipment used by Satori Revolution is energy efficient.
- Our manufacturing company only consumes approximately $60 worth of energy monthly.
- Our methods reduce energy consumption by up to 40%.
Upcycling is a creative way to recycle waste materials into new products. Such as, making beautiful swimsuits from ocean plastic waste. From our apparel to our office supplies, we aim to upcycle as much as possible.
For our office supplies we use tree-free paper made from recycled Manila hemp ropes. Our Manila envelopes, Manila paper and Manila folders are all upcycled! In fact, more than 90% of our paper and office supplies are made out of this recycled material.
We have an exciting new collection of upcycled swimwear and loungewear coming soon!
Materials we will be using for our upcoming collection:
YARNS (RECYCLED PET FILAMENTS)
- Our filament is an environmentally-friendly fiber made from recycled post-consumer PET bottles through a process of grinding, washing, melting, re-polymerizing, spinning, and texturizing to yarn.
- Uses a state-of-the-art recycling method
- Repurposes waste
- Reduces the reliance on petrochemicals, (chemical obtained from petroleum)
- Prevents environmental pollution
- The recycling process is completely traceable from post-consumer to yarn
At Satori Revolution, it is our obligation to recycle. Our aim is to recycle 100% of the waste created by our offices and factories.
What We Do:
- Fabric scraps are re-weaved and turned into new fabrics, slippers, bags while some are repurposed and made into rags by our local recycling partner companies.
- We recycle 90% of our office waste. Much of which is sent to our partner recycling plant which repurposes office waste into new products such as, packaging filler, recycled boxes, recycled packaging, recycled papers, paper plates, paper bags and more.
- To minimise paper consumption we operate our business digitally, and participate in paperless programs to reduce the paper mail we receive.
- We practice reuse of office supplies such as, Manila folders and Manila envelopes.
- Global Recycle Standard
- SCS Recycled Content Certification
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Confidence in Textiles Tested for Harmful Substances
- Taiwan Green Mark
LEAD WITH LOVE
Ethical and sustainable clothing isn’t really ethical nor sustainable if the people that make their clothes can’t afford to feed their families.
Satori Revolution prioritizes fair treatment of their employees. We believe all employees deserve security, benefits and a salary that will have a positive impact on them and their families.
We ensure that employees are well compensated, working 10 hours a day (with an hour break), 4 days a week. We intentionally did this schedule to save them time, allowing them to have more quality time with their families. All full-time employees have health care benefits, vacation days, over-time pay, maternity leave, sick days and other benefits.
Our company property is always kept clean, safe and well maintained. We endeavor to create excellent working conditions and an inspiring workplace for all our employees to enjoy.